Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Recent craft endeavors

I made a few pieces of jewelry while visiting Arizona in August. I absolutely love both pairs of earrings. The music notes for obvious reasons, and I just absolutely love the measuring spoons.


 
 
 
 
I feel weird even saying I made the measuring spoon earrings, because really, all I did was stick the charms on some ear wires... Not hard. But, I did put them together, so I guess I did technically "make" them. In any case, I love them, and wear them quite frequently. They always make me smile, and I really hope that someone will notice them sometime :)

This necklace was made from a kit that my sister bought. It was really fun (and easy!) to make, and I find excuses to wear it as often as possible.

 
 
 
And finally, something I have been meaning to make for quite some time... A diaper strap. This little beauty keeps the wipes and diapers together so I can just grab it and head to the nearest changing table. No more digging in the purse to find the wipes and a diaper. I really love the way it turned out. And, it will likely be the last thing I will be sewing for a while, since we are in the midst of packing for the big move back to AZ.
 

 
The next thing I will probably get to make will be Christmas ornaments for our annual exchange. I think I know what I am going to make, but I haven't comepletely decided. We are going for extremely cheap (on cost of supplies, that is) as well as extremely easy.

No comments: