Friday, March 9, 2012

Crafting does a Mommy good

I've been able to complete a few projects that have been on my mind recently, and it just feels great to have them finished!

The first is a set of onesies that I embellished for my sister and my best friend from high school, both of whom had baby boys in December. I made two of each. The picture quality isn't very good because I had to snap a picture of the last set before I gave it to my friend, while sitting in my car...

The first is just a basic tie onesie.

I love the fabric for the tie. It was left over from the onesie I made for my friend's little boy, and it worked perfectly.

The second one is probably my favorite.

My little giraffe. I love how versatile he is. And, it was fun to add the stitching to him for his little accents.


I finished this next project yesterday. I started in back in August of last year when we were visiting family in Arizona. I got stalled on it for a stupid reason, but once I solved the problem, I was able to finish the shirt in about an hour.



























The flowers are super fun. I think I may go back and add a little more stitching in the middle of the big flowers because the petals are just a little too heavy, and the top petals flop forward. We'll see.
And finally, a little something for my little man. Another little guy tie.
I made this for him today. It only took about an hour and a half. That was including all the extra "help" my little man decided to give me. I love making little boy ties. They are super easy and so gratifying. I am planning on making him some bowties soon, but I just needed to make this for him today.

No comments: